The OmniSwitch™ 6860 & 6860E
The Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch™ 6860 Stackable LAN Switches (SLS) are compact, high-density Gigabit Ethernet (GigE) and 10 GigE platforms designed for the most demanding converged networks.
In addition to high performance and availability, the OmniSwitch 6860 offers enhanced quality of service (QoS), user authentication, deep packet inspection (DPI) and comprehensive security features to secure the network edge while accommodating user and device mobility with a high degree of integration between the wired and wireless LAN.
The enhanced models of the OmniSwitch 6860 family also supports emerging services such as application fingerprinting for network analytics and up to 60 watts of Power over Ethernet (PoE) per port, making it ready to meet the evolving business needs of enterprise networks.
- With the variety of interfaces and models, the OmniSwitch 6860 family meets any customer configuration needs and offers excellent investment protection and flexibility
- The OmniSwitch 6860 Virtual Chassis increases system redundancy, resiliency, and high availability while simplifying deployment, operations and management of the network
- With advanced PoE capabilities and high density of PoE ports, the OS6860 is ideal for converged campus deployments. It offers deployment flexibility, simplifing the wiring and reducing the time to deploy a variety of edge devices
- The OS6860 application monitoring capability provides network administrators with a comprehensive viewof the applications running in the network, enabling optimization and control of network performance
- With its advanced capabilities, the OS6860 shows outstanding performance when supporting real-time voice, data, and video applications
- OS6860E offers flexible deployment options and enables the network for BYOD deployments and zero-touch guest management
- OS6860E supports SDN for fast deployment of new network services
- Future proofs enterprise investment and enables interoperability with third party solutions