Out of town offices with free parking Pension - Including option to join Salary Exchange for Pension scheme (SXP) Death in Service Corporate gym membership available, partially subsidised by the Company 22 days holiday entitlement rising to 25 days after 5 plus years' service Private Medical Insurance
Government Business Unit Manager - South
Centerprise International (Ci) was established in 1983 and has over 30 years of experience and expertise in providing innovative products and services. Initially an engineering company, Ci has maintained its manufacturing capability and OEM brands. A logistics and manufacturing facility in Wales provides CTO and Authorised Repair to several manufacturers as well specialised services to the UK MoD.
Throughout its history, Ci has evolved to meet market demands and now offers Managed Services and Solution Design to complement our own products. The Public Sector has been key to success and Ci maintain a strong presence on key Crown Commercial Services Frameworks as well as several regional and sector specific frameworks.
In conjunction with the in-house bid team, Ci prosecute Open Tenders where it has established several showcase contracts. Financial strength, and breadth and quality of services offered allow Ci to form strong and enduring partnerships with clients and partners and some recent acquisitions have broadened capability further.
Ci actively seeks to attract talented ambitious individuals, to nurture and develop through their career with the organisation. The Ci Group comprises of wholly owned companies and a joint venture business, so the opportunity to build a wide and varied career path truly exists.
All employees have the opportunity to learn from successful, capable business professionals withing the organisation, to absort knowledge and experience first-hand how a thriving privately owned business operates.
The External Account Manager will promote the Ci brand and services into the Government Sector market, and be personally responsible for market engagement into target and partner accounts. The External Account Manager will be accountable for orders, revenue achievement, growth, profitability and customer satisfaction. As well as establishing and developing the business relationship between Ci and clients, typically starting with the C-Suite and working through at all levels, across all functions.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
• Create Account Business Plans, coordinates and orchestrates all activities of the account team (formed from representatives across all required Professional Communities) in order to deliver the account business plan to the required levels of profitability and delivery expectation.
• Utilise own network and demand generation activity to develop new potential customers by qualifying and tracking leads, researching and identifying key contacts, establishing business relationships, qualifying new accounts and engaging with clients at C-Suite levels in order to build a solid go-forward pipeline of business development opportunities.
• Engage client CIO/CTO & business leaders, utilising knowledge of the clients future business plan to build a business case in order to achieve successful sales propositions.
• Develop a network of relationships and contacts across allocated accounts to generate internal referrals with the aim of closing more opportunities in new areas of the organisation.
• Lead or contribute to tender responses, adhering to timeframes and deadlines.
• Work with delivery teams to create and lead project implementation plans within each owned account in order to allocate the right resources inside the account, to deliver the right change agenda and subsequent adoption of Ci solutions.
• Monitor client satisfaction and escalate issues of dissatisfaction for quick resolution in order to drive customer retention and renewals.
• Take responsibility of the supporting business controls, financial operating processes and any other governance requirements in order to maintain internal and industry compliance.
• Provide regular reporting to Government Business Unit Manager – South.
As with all personnel within the business, the individual will also be required to show:
• A commitment to comply with the Company’s Information Security Policy
• A commitment to promptly report any security weaknesses or incidents
• A commitment to adopt and maintain a Health and Safety culture within the Group
Collaborate & Influence
Makes an effort to connect with people outside the immediate team and has the ability to positively influence the way others think.
Effectively communicates his/her thoughts in a well organised and effective manner in order to get the desired message across.
Is professional and positive in interacting with others and is able to establish rapport quickly, treating others with courtesy and respect.
Drive for Results
Demonstrates a strong work ethic committed to seeing tasks through to completion, whilst taking responsibility for and taking pride in achieving successful results.
Understands the business and inter-dependencies applying this knowledge to making good decisions and thinks 6-12 months ahead, recognising trends and taking advantage of potential opportunities.
Solves routine problems effectively, gathering the information necessary to consider a potential way forward that you can share with your manager.
Experience and Skills
Proven ability to operate effectively in a networked organisation, on own initiative, handling ambiguity.
Experience of selling to business need (as opposed to technology need).
Ability to create need from “pain”, to quantify the intrinsic business value of the solution.
Demonstrable experience in winning new business to Government Sector clients, delivering IT solutions.
Successful history of selling to “C” level executives to achieve joint corporate goals and exceeding quota.
Experience in applying principles of business and financial management to make sound business decisions.
Consultative, value-proposition/ business case driven sales methodology experience.
In-depth understanding of IT solutions and Managed Services.
Experience selling into the Education sector.
Customer-Centric - Ensure customer satisfaction is our number one priority
Commitment - Be true to your work and go the extra mile to deliver on your promise
Courage To Challenge - Have the strength to make a difference and don’t be afraid to constructively challenge the status quo
Succeed - Be innovative and do all that is reasonable to deliver a positive outcome
Dedication - Giving your time and energy in the best interests of the Company